When properties are built without a specific occupier in mind, it can lead to inefficiencies in the energy performance. There is often less of an incentive for the property owner or occupier to address the gaps – and indeed, each side might not understand the other’s needs or services.
This new guide on aftercare from the BPF provides practical, step by step advice for owners and tenants alike to help them face these challenges and ensure the vision set out at design stage can be maintained throughout the life of the building.
- Melanie Leech, Chief Executive, BPF
- Helen Newman, Technical Partner, Tuffin Ferraby Taylor
- Jane Wakiwaka, Sustainability Manager, The Crown Estate
- Phil Draper, Senior Technical and Sustainability Manager, Broadgate Estates
- Alan Bunting, Project Director, British Land
08:30 Registration and breakfast
09:00 Welcome and introductions from Melanie Leech, BPF
09:10 Overview of aftercare guidance from Helen Newman, Tuffin Ferraby Taylor
09:20 St James’s Market case study, Jane Wakiwaka, The Crown Estate
09:30 4 Kingdom St case study, Alan Bunting, British Land
09:40 Panel discussion and audience Q&A